Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving doesn't really rank up there in my top three holidays (Christmas, Halloween, and my birthday) but it does have one thing going for it that trumps the others.

Mom's mashed potatoes.

My mom makes the best. No really, she does. Go ahead and argue for your mom's if you like, but I know the truth. My mom is better than your mom at mashed potatoes. She has magic butter or something. Seriously, THE. BEST.

One year we had a guest who brought her own version of mashed potatoes. It was a disaster. Who puts shredded carrots in mashed taters? Crazy people*, that's who. Leave those taters alone people.

In honor of Thanksgiving I've put some new prints up in the shop. Check them out. I'm happy to make custom changes to any of them if you need it tweaked a little to fit a certain room in your house. Feel free to send me a message on Etsy and I'll whip up a perfect little print for you.



*Said crazy person is also my very best friend and I am okay with throwing her under the bus for the potatoes because she makes THE BEST green bean casserole. It's so good I actually eat green beans. She is one a select few who has been able to entice me with vegetables. She quite enjoyed her "Celebration Potatoes" so maybe they weren't a complete disaster...

No comments:

Post a Comment